Author Topic: Jon Benjamin's Foil  (Read 2727 times)

Lothar_Brightblade

Jon Benjamin's Foil
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
I've been starting form the beginning and have noticed that almost whenever Jon Benjamin calls of makes an in-studio appearance, he has a foil played by the same person. Some examples:

• Mike Halligan, brother of Dick Halligan Jr (12/26/2000)
  • Greg Gorlik -- father of Rick Gorlic AKA Rick Benson, George Benson's White son (2/6/2001)
  • Rich [something], WNBC weatherman and Cliff Peterson's AA Sponsor (3/6/2001)

I can't put a name to the voice, I know its not Jon Glaser.

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Jon Benjamin's Foil
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »
Matt Walsh.

bananagrabbers

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
Yes, they also do the arguing Mets and Yankee fans from the first show available in the archive.

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
There are a bunch of great Matt Walsh/Jon Benjamin bits.

Benjamin harassed Matt Walsh when he was calling in to promote Old School, and later he and Glaser were part of the 'Matt Walsh Goes Hawaiian call'. They were also in studio as the DJs Liquid Tension.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 04:52:11 PM »
'Matt Walsh Goes Hawaiian call'.

I listened to this one the other day, it was so great I listened to it twice. I laffed so hard!

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 10:07:54 AM »
The whole cadre of comedians who were major or minor parts in the first few years of the show were great.

Since I started listening in 2008, the only times I got to hear any of this, I think, were Matt Walsh's aborted call and Jon Glaser in studio (vleh).

chet bakes

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:11 AM »
About a month ago i Caught a matt walsh call that had horatio sanz and jon benjamin on it. I started listening to the show in 2010 and that ranks up there with the loudest out loud in public while on my headphone laughs the best show has illicited. Love all incarnations of the show ive heard and find joy in its differing aspects (tom telling stories solo, in a battle of wits with either a blockhead or friend of the show, & of course the Jon Wurster calls). It would also be great if in the shows newest incarnation (Thank you!Yes!) there were also some calls like the said walsh/sanz/benjamin calls with such skilled people participating. Either way grateful the shows returning and the world is doubly blessed by the archives(especially jousters good lookin out)
Vendetta is a dish served betteh with cold feta

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 11:52:43 AM »
Jon Benjamin and Jon Glaser participating in the new incarnation of the Best Show would a dream come true!