Author Topic: condolences  (Read 1975 times)

Biscuit Gravy

• Policemans heel
condolences
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »
Dear Tom,

Although it's quite clear that you keep a large part of your private life separate from the show, there have been, from time to time, statements and admissions on the air of various trials that you've been through. 

I'm man enough to admit that I cried a little while listening to your last show on WFMU, when you were talking about your wife's battle with illness.  what struck me, most of all, is what I can only assume to be your total dedication to professionalism as an entertainer.  we, the listener, had no idea (at least, I didn't), of what you were going through, and again, I assume, that's just the way you wanted it.

so, after listening to the most recent podcast, and hearing about the loss of your father, I feel as if I would be remiss as a "Friend of Tom" (perhaps a new friend, and a distant one at that, but a friend nonetheless) if I did not express my sincere condolences to you and your family during this time of loss.

I cannot speak for everyone, but to me, your new and distant friend, you truly mean a lot, and I want you to know that I am keeping you and your's in my thoughts, until you are able to return to us again.

in lieu of flowers, or a hug, please accept these meager heartfelt words instead.

Your Friend(4life),

Some Guy on the Internet

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: condolences
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:23:28 AM »
The loss of a parent is something you never get over, but you do learn to live with it. You have my deepest sympathies, Tom. Stay strong.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: condolences
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »
The loss of a parent is something you never get over, but you do learn to live with it. You have my deepest sympathies, Tom. Stay strong.

You said it much better than I could have, Fredericks.

My sincerest condolences to you and yours, Tom. May you find the strength to get through these difficult times.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.