Author Topic: Hi From America's Igloo!  (Read 2097 times)

stamforddan

• Plantar Fasciitis
Hi From America's Igloo!
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:28 PM »
Hi everybody,

Recently minted FOT (my card arrived this past August) & new adherent to the world of the Best Show here (started tuning in a couple of months before it ended on WFMU) and am thrilled it's back. I've spent the last year catching up on old shows with the Gems, the archives, Rock, Rot, & Rule, and anything I can find on YouTube involving Tom & Jon.

Tom's show has been an inspiration, a comfort, a call to action, and a laugh riot for me. The Best Show is one of the most awesome things I've experienced, and I'm grateful for its existence. It's driven me to make a lot of positive changes in my life - commit to writing, support my community radio station(s), and work towards being less of a dipnitz in life.

I am from Connecticut originally and have been living in St. Paul, Minnesota for the past few months after a year and a half in Brooklyn, two in New Orleans, and five in Providence, RI. If there are any FOTs in Minneapolis-St. Paul who want to meet up - say, for one of your cheese-stuffed burgers, an improv show at HUGE Theater or Brave New Workshop, or anything else that's cool to do around here - let me know. I'm also working on breaking in to the comedy scene here, so if you can tell me where the good open mics are, anywhere else that offers sketch lessons besides BNW (their classes fill up SO quickly :-( ), or are a fellow area writer who just wants someone to bounce ideas off of, hit me up.

Cheers,

StamfordDan

Biscuit Gravy

• Policemans heel
Re: Hi From America's Igloo!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
greetings from Summertime, in Antipodean Oceania.

although I've never been to St. Paul, I have a friend there, who's in a band. 

go see Thunderbolt Pagoda every chance that you get; and if you see a guy named Erik, write some good jokes about his tight leather pants.