Author Topic: Unironic Wrestling Fans  (Read 14636 times)

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Unironic Wrestling Fans
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »
Man I did some e-fed stuff for 2 years and got caught up in the ego stuff and got so burned out I had to stop. It was a lot of fun though. I had a great story that I went to the boomer with about a guy who was abused as a child who had blocked off all the memories and was trying to go through his life as a good guy. Then he started having these dreams about the traumatic abuse he endured as a child and it haunted him, and slowly over time the dreams troubled him to the point that he lost it. He turned into a Charles Manson cult leader psychopath and led a group of guys that didn't feel like following the two year story I had written out and okayed with the booker and ruined it.

On one hand that sounds like a ton of fun, on the other hand for a lot of people I can see how they could be such big fans of wrestling that they would get a huge kick out of creating back stage drama in an e-fed, especially since they don't have a pay check to worry about like actual wrestlers do so they can just be complete dicks without worrying about it.

You have no idea how much this stuff goes on. It's the same sort of thing like the weird Dungeon Master in D&D campaigns who just acts like a total douche on some weird power trip. There's one guy in my e-fed circle who is particularly known for starting all sorts of chicanery and garbage. He's only partially literate but his characters are always "over" largely because he's such a pain-in-the-ass and knows how to constantly curry favor. I've stayed away from him for like 10 years.

I quit because I was just accused of "burying" another character in a league I was helping to write. But alas this was a well-plotted out reverse strike. I was not trying to bury any character but got accused of doing so. The other handler did a great job of becoming a martyr and gaining all sorts of sympathy. It was so dumb.

My brothers and I developed a fairly complicated role/roll-playing pro-wrestling game back in the 80s. I revived it with some pals back in the 90s, but alas I was the guy who drove alone 80 miles one-way to see z-grade matches in high school gyms in Detroit and so it soon died out. On a few very sad occasions I actually played against myself. That my friends is how Ace Skidmark became the World Champion.

The e-feds sound fun, but it sounds goddamn time consuming. Is there a version of e-feds for casual fans?

Jew Heffner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »
I just got back home from seeing two Ring of Honor/New Japan shows and NXT live! It was so freaking awesome seeing Shinsuke Nakamura live!
Twitter: @JPunswick

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »
You lucky jerk! A bunch of people I follow on Twitter went and they've been posting all sorts of adorable picture of them with some of my favorite wrestlers of all time. I'm insanely jealous. Those same friends have tickets to King of Trios and I hate them a bit for it.

Switching gears, I've finally caught up on Lucha Underground completely and holy hell, that show is amazing.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Patrique

• Policemans heel
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »
Hey folks. Long time, first time (that means 'long time reader, first time poster, you Sports Enterdummies).

I honestly registered solely so I could get the MP3 downloads but this is a cool place and this seems like as good a place as any to start, since JesseFromInsurance was the first time I heard about TBS and I kinda know that guy from prowres discussion first and foremost. Grew up on the stuff, grew out of it, came back mid-00s really into indies (IWA-MS and Wildside primarily), grew out of it again and now I just check for what seems cool and is free to watch. Seems like Kevin Steen getting to punk John Cena on live TV is pretty cool, so how do we feel about that?

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »
I don't understand why he doesn't have the U.S. title yet, but a SummerSlam match with Cesaro might be a dream come true for me. People are complaining that he's already getting shoved down the card now that Cena has his wins back, but he's still tearing it up with Finn Balor and his next feud looks awesome so I'm happy.

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2015, 06:53:42 PM »
What did people think of Trainwreck? Some misses but I liked it, John Cena was especially funny
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 02:57:49 PM »
I haven't seen it just yet, but I bet he's really funny. This bit in the Sisters trailer was really funny too. John Cena, the person is a shining example of humanity. John Cena, the character is the dirt worst.

chriscrusher

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »
if you're not watching Lucha Underground, you're missing out on A LOT!  The storytelling is amazing as is the talent.  The first part of the season finale airs tonight.  You can totally still get in on the ground floor!!

Here's a great 37 minute summary of the whole season so far!  https://youtu.be/jIPkT7aAhsE

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2015, 06:29:03 PM »
Yeah, I was slow coming to Lucha Underground, but after I saw Grave Consequences, I was absolutely hooked. It's everything I love about wrestling.

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »
R.I.P.

Me meeting Roddy on "Roddy Piper Day" in San Francisco 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INbDLfgSfak
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2015, 12:44:36 AM »
Holy hell, guys, we need to talk about Ultima Lucha, which started with a classy tribute to the "original rudo" Rowdy Roddy.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2015, 01:12:33 AM »
Holy hell, guys, we need to talk about Ultima Lucha, which started with a classy tribute to the "original rudo" Rowdy Roddy.

Follow up question, NXT Takeover Brooklyn? Great NXT show or GREATEST NXT show?

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2015, 04:22:28 PM »

Follow up question, NXT Takeover Brooklyn? Great NXT show or GREATEST NXT show?

I'd say greatest. FOT Aiden English winning the tag championship was only the icing on the cake. But Sasha-Bayley... damn.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2015, 06:30:36 PM »
BLUE PANTS CI-TY! *clap clap CLAPCLAPCLAP!*

Seriously though, I was emotionally spent after Bayley/Sasha. It was a perfect story well damn told. Also, it was more than overdue that the Vaudevillains got the tag straps. They are super workers and that deserves to be recognized.

chriscrusher

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 01:08:59 AM »
I watched the Baily/BOSS match, then summer slam then came back to NXT the next day.  It was a lot easier to view that way.