Author Topic: Comics You Will Never Get Rid Of  (Read 6897 times)

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Comics You Will Never Get Rid Of
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »
Ambush Bug is, and will always will be, hilarious. It has always irked me that Deadpool was always more popular despite having ripped off Ambush's whole shtick.

Also, how great was that Busiek/Perez run of Avengers? Truly amazing stuff from start to finish. I had also wondered just what to start my kid reading comics with. I have some Silver Age stuff but it never occurred to me to start reading that stuff to him. Might have to start doing that.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Dip Apesworth

• Policemans heel
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 02:44:27 AM »
Side note: Anybody know what the picture on Tom's Twitter of that cantankerous hack Stan Lee thumbs-downing a best show bumper sticker is about?

chi-koo

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »
Oh, man, that picture just made my month.

Funky Ratchet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 10:19:20 PM »
Side note: Anybody know what the picture on Tom's Twitter of that cantankerous hack Stan Lee thumbs-downing a best show bumper sticker is about?
Sheer speculation but I wondered if it came about via Matt Fraction.

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2015, 01:21:00 AM »
May 27th! so excited.  The Courtyard, and Neonomicon were outstanding.

This is turning out to be truly great, just killing it with the pacing and little details that build up a genuine sense of dread. 
Almost makes up for the government list my name is probably on for owning that damned Neonomicon.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »
I've been really curious about Providence. I'm glad to hear it's good. I'm hoping that it ends Moore's weird HPL trilogy on a great note.

euphoriafish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 01:57:05 AM »
Thanks for the intel about Providence.  I may trade some old singles this week and was looking for suggestions for a new issue to try.

Is anyone reading the new Gail Simone Red Sonja?  I'm thinking of looking for that maybe.  It seems like this super macho male gaze-y sort of classic, and just knowing that a woman is doing it now intrigues me.  I still haven't read original 70s Red Sonja but I read a lot of Cerebus which parodies it and am thinking maybe it's time to go to the inspiration.
Looking for keyboard lute bandmates in Lord of the Rings Online to play songs from Spaced Out (Shatner and Nimoy) and any other greatest hits.  Find Percabald on Brandywine server most days 9-12 US cst, O to friend, IM to IM.  30 min maybe to new hobbit minstrel with lute.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 02:49:45 AM »
Okay, so, Simone's Red Sonja is incredible for a lot of reasons but the main one is that she completely flips the whole perception of Sonja as a overly sexualized and wank baity character on its head mainly by making Sonja sexualize nearly every one she meets. It's filled with all sorts of badassery and amazing set pieces but it's Simone's funniest book since Secret Six with a fantastic runner of Sonja desperately trying to get laid but no one wants to touch her because they are so scared of her.

Margurete Bennett is about to take over for her after she steps down but I cannot recommend Simone's run highly enough.