Author Topic: It's my first day  (Read 3476 times)

cakes

• Plantar Fasciitis
It's my first day
« on: March 19, 2015, 11:20:57 AM »
Hi, I'm Mat from Chicago. I just started listening to The Best Show over the last couple of months. I'm in a band called Fake Limbs with a wonderful gentleman and long-time Best Show listener, Stephen. He turned me and our other bandmates onto the Best Show while we were on tour last year. The first thing he played was the episode where one of Wurster's characters claimed to be delivering pizzas, but turned out to be an Aimee Mann stalker and took everyone in the room hostage.

I feel awfully lucky here and I am excited to say that the band will be joining the Best Show tonight at Lincoln Hall. I can't thank Sharpling and Wurster enough for having us, and especially Michael Slobach from Numero Group for bringing us in. My biggest fears tonight are forgetting that I'm supposed to be playing because I'll probably be laughing and turning the volume knob on my bass back up before each song.

Nice to meet you all!

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
Re: It's my first day
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »
Cool, congratulations!

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »
Hi, I'm Mat from Chicago. I just started listening to The Best Show over the last couple of months. I'm in a band called Fake Limbs with a wonderful gentleman and long-time Best Show listener, Stephen. He turned me and our other bandmates onto the Best Show while we were on tour last year. The first thing he played was the episode where one of Wurster's characters claimed to be delivering pizzas, but turned out to be an Aimee Mann stalker and took everyone in the room hostage.

I feel awfully lucky here and I am excited to say that the band will be joining the Best Show tonight at Lincoln Hall. I can't thank Sharpling and Wurster enough for having us, and especially Michael Slobach from Numero Group for bringing us in. My biggest fears tonight are forgetting that I'm supposed to be playing because I'll probably be laughing and turning the volume knob on my bass back up before each song.

Nice to meet you all!

That's awesome. I bought your newest album on Bandcamp and it's really good. Welcome to the FOT fold!
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

kouzie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 08:40:35 AM »

Nice to meet you all!

Great job last night! So much fun!

cakes

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:17:06 AM »
Thanks! That was a ton of fun. I was laughing so much during Gary the Squirrel, my cheeks were hurting. The audience was glowing. I've never seen so many happy faces before.

Thanks again, Tom and Jon! You guys are super swell dudes.