Poll

Will the Undertaker defeat Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania XXXI on March 29, thereby beginning a new WrestleMania winning streak?

Yes
5 (83.3%)
No
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 29, 2015, 10:17:11 PM

Author Topic: 22-1?  (Read 2464 times)

Josh

• Space Champion!
22-1?
« on: March 17, 2015, 10:17:11 PM »
  • Wrestlemania 30: BROCK LESNAR
  • Wrestlemania 29: CM Punk
  • Wrestlemania 28: Triple H (Hell in a Cell with guest referee Shawn Michaels)
  • Wrestlemania 27: Triple H (No Holds Barred)
  • Wrestlemania 26: Shawn Michaels (No Disqualification, No Countout, Streak vs. Career)
  • Wrestlemania 25: Shawn Michaels
  • Wrestlemania 24: Edge
  • Wrestlemania 23: Batista
  • Wrestlemania 22: Mark Henry (Casket Match)
  • Wrestlemania 21: Randy Orton
  • Wrestlemania 20: Kane
  • Wrestlemania 19: Big Show and A-Train (Handicap Match)
  • Wrestlemania 18: Ric Flair (No Disqualification)
  • Wrestlemania 17: Triple H
  • Wrestlemania 15: Big Boss Man (Hell in a Cell)
  • Wrestlemania 14: Kane
  • Wrestlemania 13: Sycho [sic] Sid
  • Wrestlemania 12: Diesel
  • Wrestlemania 11: King Kong Bundy
  • Wrestlemania 9: Giant Gonzalez
  • Wrestlemania 8: Jake "The Snake" Roberts
  • Wrestlemania 7: "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: 22-1?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »
Because I botched my vote I wanted to post this, which is what I thought the poll was.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/03/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-31615-architectural-mishaps/4/

Brandon Stroud from Uproxx presented an interesting look at the Wyatt/Undertaker angle that proposed that Taker's ashes have always been Bray's chair and that the same Lovecraftian entity that once inhabited the Undertaker has now moved to Bray in the latest in the series of conflicts they have across time.

It's bugnuts, but, that's kinda brilliant. 
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Jew Heffner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »
Because I botched my vote I wanted to post this, which is what I thought the poll was.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/03/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-31615-architectural-mishaps/4/

Brandon Stroud from Uproxx presented an interesting look at the Wyatt/Undertaker angle that proposed that Taker's ashes have always been Bray's chair and that the same Lovecraftian entity that once inhabited the Undertaker has now moved to Bray in the latest in the series of conflicts they have across time.

It's bugnuts, but, that's kinda brilliant.

Man if they explained it that way, having Bray be possessed by the same thing that once lived in the Undertaker, man that'd be freaking amazing.
Twitter: @JPunswick

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »
It would be a truly next level angle, so naturally we won't see any of it.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
A lot of industry insiders and Las Vegas high-rollers have privately contacted me and asked me whether I was going to make a prediction this year after having previously, correctly predicted the outcome of all 21 of the Undertaker's previous matches, including last year, when he shocked the world by losing to The Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar, breaking The Streak and capping the Double Decades of Destruction by finally, fatally putting the 1 in 21-1.

But I told them all the same thing: why bother? The Undertaker is a joke. He is a failure. This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the debut of the Dead Man, the supernatural entity who spent just under a quarter of a century conning us into calling him "The Phenom". All those years, all those appearances at The Showcase of the Immortals defeating such luminaries as The Master And The Ruler Of The World Sycho Sid, The Devil's Favorite Demon Kane, The Legend Killer and Apex Predator Randy Orton, The Showstopper and Mister Wrestlemania Himself The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, The World's Strongest Man and Founder of The Hall of Pain Mark Henry, The Straight-Edge Savior C.M. Punk...

And it was all for nothing. He lost. 21-1? Who cares. He was a fraud. 21-1? He could have gone 1-21 and it would have the same meaning now. A man both cursed and blessed with supernatural abilities beyond our ken that he failed to use to preserve the one important thing in this diseased world and in the process, insulted the towering legacies of those 17 men (and Giant Gonzales, who may have been a yeti, and Damien, Jake the Snake Robert's snake, who was a snake). It sickens me. I don't care now. I don't care if he can save his immortal soul by returning, devoid of his mystical powers, to defeat The Eater of Worlds Bray Wyatt.

It means nothing, just like those other 22 matches - once generally agreed upon as the greatest collection of sporting performances in human history - now mean nothing.

Anyway, yeah, he wins this year.
This may be the year I will disappear.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 01:52:11 PM »
Honestly, I'm just hoping that this year's match is just somewhat watchable. I know that is probably unfair because last year he got concussed pretty early in the match and then spent the whole rest of it performing about as well as a pile of goth laundry, but I think with as great Bray is in the ring and with how seriously Taker seems to be taking it, they just may steal the show.

That is, unless, the Six-Man Ladder Match doesn't first.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 10:42:03 PM »
I thought it was a great match and I was glad to see Taker win.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 12:03:09 AM »
It was really great! And Bray looked great too. That's what I was really worried about. I didn't want Bray to be heatless afterward.

Racan

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »
Did anyone else think Kevin Nash tore his quad when he was run over by Billy Gunn and rolling around in pain on the outside of the ring?

[NOTE FROM ADMIN: Attachment removed to conserve storage space; attached photo has been embedded]

[attachment deleted by admin]

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »
I saw him hold his leg when he went down but apparently it was a bit. Which is EVEN funnier that he know and will take the piss out of his own bum quad.